Monday, March 14, 2011

Better in Sepia for Giants

This is not me:


This is the lovely Ana from Better in Sepia.  I just recently began reading her blog but quickly became a fan of her simple-but-elegant style.  If you don’t already read Ana’s blog, I encourage you to stop by.

While I have liked pretty much everything Ana has posted, I especially liked her navy, rust and turquoise outfit from last week.  I have considered rust and turquoise before, but never with navy and I think it’s fabulous.  So, of course, I wanted to try to recreate it for giants.

The Dress – Pintuck Dress in Navy - up to size 3x - Talbots:



I went with a navy dress instead of a rust skirt - I know a lot of women aren't comfortable having the lighter, brighter color on their hips.  I thought a dress was a nice alternative and although this dress isn't available in “tall” I think the length is long enough for all but the tallest of ladies to pull off.

The Shoe – Seychelles “Kiss at Midnight” Mary Jane Pump – up to size 11 – Endless:


I think this is an absolutely gorgeous shoe, and it also comes in a rust color if turquoise shoes are not your thing.  But, I'm not going to lie, I'd be disappointed to find out that turquoise shoes aren't everybody's thing.

The Scarf: Tarnish "Peacock" Wool Scarf in Spice - Nordstrom:



As many of you know, I have a predilection for long, rectangular scarves instead of square ones, so I chose this fun, peacock printed scarf. 

The Belt – W-Twist Belt - Steve Madden:


 
Instead of a double belt, I went with this Steve Madden twisted belt in cognac which I think will look fabulous with the navy dress.

I know not everyone loves orange (for whatever reason), so I tried to keep the rust element to a minimum with just the scarf, but I think a rust cardigan or rust tights would look fantastic with this as well.   I think it would also look good with black, turquoise or navy tights.

This outfit is something I would definitely wear (especially those gorgeous shoes).  And I actually did wear a rust, navy and turquoise outfit myself today that I'll post later in my Daily Outfit post.  But what about you guys?  Is this outfit something you would wear?

Happy Monday!

Gracey