Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello, Lovers

That is, in all honesty, what I purred to my boots today as I pulled them from their box.  It wasn’t exactly cold today, but it definitely wasn’t warm either.  And that was just enough of an excuse for me to pull out my much-loved, oft-worn, all-time-favorite boots:





I didn't realize my belt was wonkers until after the photos, but I can't say I'm surprised.

My affection for these boots cannot be overstated.  I've had them for a few years now and wear them almost constantly throughout the fall and winter and even much of the spring.  Oregon was slow to get warm this summer and though I railed against the continuing cold weather, I was secretly glad to have a reason to continue to wear my beloved boots.

And today, although I’m tempted to complain about our mere two months of not-very-hot summer weather, I’m mostly just excited to be able to wear these boots again.  I paired the boots (Born Crown “Sosie”) with grey leggings (Target) under a floral “dress” (Gap, thrifted) and a grey cardigan (525 America) along with a thin brown belt (Gap), my watch and a blue and white bracelet.

What about you all?  What item, new or an old favorite, are you excited to wear this fall?

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey

P.S. Yesterday’s linen skirt wants to thank you all for your support – we’ll be staying together for a bit longer at least.  And I wanted to thank you all for your outfit ideas – I’ve already got another outfit planned with the blue booties!