Monday, September 12, 2011

Blue Dots

After another very warm weekend, the weather in Oregon has finally cooled down again.  It’s not quite fall weather yet, but it’s definitely cooler, so I’m bringing back my day dresses.  I didn’t wear them for much of the summer – they were too warm – but I’m excited to attempt to transition them for fall.  There is not much transition going on here, but I still like this dress and was happy to finally wear it:




I paired my vintage Karin Stevens dress (thrifted) with espadrille wedges (Corso Como via Piperlime), a vintage cameo bracelet and vintage carnelian earrings (via Lil’ Gypsy).  I’ve been more conscious lately of not going head-to-toe vintage/vintage-inspired.  I love vintage clothing, but head-to-toe vintage doesn’t feel right for my style.  The dress, bracelet and earrings are all vintage, but I think the shoes add a modern element.  I think a belt would help do the same; I just have a fondness for the pin-tucking at the waist and didn’t want to cover it up.

How about you all?  Do you prefer head-to-toe vintage or a mix of modern and vintage? Or maybe you prefer head-to-toe modern?  

Happy Monday, All!  I hope you all had fabulous weekends!

Gracey