Tuesday, September 13, 2011

EBEW: Pants of Color

Today is the EBEW Pants of Color challenge and I am very excited!  I have wanted red pants forever.  I mean, FOR-E-VER.  I have tried several pairs, including the red Gap cords from last winter, and could never get my thighs and my waist to agree on whether or not they fit.  But, today, finally, I am proud owner and wearer of some very red pants:



For today’s outfit, I thought to myself: “Self, you finally (finally!) have some red pants, what are you going to wear them with?” After a brief moment I figured what else does one wear with very red pants but a very pink shirt?  So I paired my oh-so-red skinnies (Old Navy “Rock Star”) with a hot pink silk tunic (Banana Republic) and added camel Mary Jane wedges (Corso Como via Piperlime), a metallic cuff and a crystal-and-brass pendant (via Special).  Is it eye-searingly bright?  Sure, if you have sensitive eyes.  But, mostly, it just makes me happy.

Today’s Takeaway?  Wear what makes you happy; even if people have to wear sunglasses to look at you.

And, don’t forget to stop by Everybody, Everywear and see what everybody everywhere else is wearing.

Happy Tuesday, All!

P.S. Special thanks to Phyllisa for totally being on board the pink and red combination and to Ferge for taking this picture:

I don't even know

P.P.S. If you’re thinking about these red skinnies, and you should, they actually run true to size.  My other pairs of Rock Stars are a 12, but these are a 14 which is my actual size, so I would NOT suggest sizing down for these.