Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Feathery Goodness

I don’t wear this dress often enough:



Although it (well, I) didn’t photograph at all well today, it really is quite flattering.  Last time I wore it with the obvious black accents.  This time I wanted to switch it up and paired the dress (vintage, thrifted) with a snake print skinny belt (Target?), taupe wedges (Bamboo via TJ Maxx), my new favorite bangle and chunky red necklace (gifted – thanks, Ma!).

I think I like this iteration better than the last time I wore it.  Although, last time did include an owl belt, and that’s saying something, today’s outfit just seems more interesting to me somehow.  I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but think it might be the mismatched but still complimentary accessories.  They make what is a fairly prim and proper dress into something different.  Either that or I’m not getting enough sleep.  One of the two.

Today’s Takeaway?  Get plenty of sleep – otherwise it can be difficult to judge the effectiveness of your accessories.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey