Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just a Tad Longer

I adore this dress, I do.  But, I do also wish it were just a tad longer:



Although it hides the worst of my stings and scratches, you can still see that my ankles are scratched and bordering on furry.  I paired the dress (Eight Sixty via Nordstrom) with pewter sandals (Lovely People via Ideeli), a thin brown belt (Gap), wooden earrings (Last Thursday vendor) and a watch, a bangle and a bracelet. 

It was my hope that people would be too distracted by the different patterns on the dress and it’s overall awesomeness to notice that I appear to be wearing fur anklets.  Fur anklets aside, this is probably the easiest way I’ve found to wear mixed patterns – having them mixed for you in a garment takes all of the guesswork out of it.

Today’s Takeaway?  If you have patternmixophobia, try a piece that has the different patterns already mixed for you; it’s an easy way to get started.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!  I am actually out of the office tomorrow, so I’ll say Happy
Weekend now as well!

Gracey