Friday, September 30, 2011

NSFR – Not Safe for Rain

The weather here in Oregon over the past week and a half has been lovely.  It’s been dry and sunny, and not too hot.  This being Oregon, I know this gorgeous weather is not going to last, so I’ve been trying to take advantage of the sunshine by wearing all of my shoes that are NSFR – Not Safe for Rain.  I’ve worn sandals and velvet flats and today, suede booties.

Last time I wore these shoes, I didn’t show enough leg.  This time I’m not showing any leg (it’s warm for fall, but not that warm) and I think it worked better:




Today I paired my blue suede booties (DV by Dolce Vita “Wyatt” via Nordstrom) with black leggings (Target) and a black dress (Nordstrom) layered over a blue and white striped blouse (Gap).  I added a black and white infinity scarf (Steven Madden via Macy’s) and silver, blue and white bracelets.  Even if they’re covered legs, the additional leg showing between my boots and my hem keep me from looking to stumpy.  The kangaroo pocket on the dress probably has the opposite effect, but I still love it. 

The rains are supposed to start up again tomorrow, but that’s okay.  I think I’m ready.  Of course, if you ask me next Friday after a week straight of riding in the rain, I might have a different story.  But, at least all my plans this weekend are indoor plans; I’ll be finishing up a skirt, skinny-fying some pants (using this tutorial) and playing poker with FB and some friends.  It should be fun and, hopefully, I’ll have a new skirt and an updated pair of pants to show off next week.

Happy Friday, Everyone, have a fabulous weekend!

Gracey