Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Short Sleeve Sweater Season

As I’ve mentioned before, short sleeve sweaters have always seemed sort of ridiculous to me, but I’m also inexplicably drawn to them.  One of the reasons they strike me as ridiculous is because if it’s cold enough to warrant a sweater, isn’t it also cold enough to warrant sleeves?  As it turns out, the answer is “not always.”  There are days in late spring and early fall where short sleeved sweaters are just right.  And today was just such a day:



It didn’t rain and it wasn’t cold, but it wasn’t warm either.  Essentially, it was the perfect weather for a midi-skirt (thrifted, vintage) sans tights and a sweater (thrifted) sans sleeves.  I added light gold flats (Kenneth Cole Reaction, v. old) to help extend my leg line, a metallic cuff (thrifted) because that’s what I do and some earrings (gifted) because I remembered today.  The skirt was just long enough, and the sweater was just sweater-y enough to keep me from getting too cold on my ride in, but both pieces were also light enough to keep me from getting over-heated.

Today’s Takeaway?  Short sleeve sweaters aren’t wholly ridiculous, just sort of.

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey