Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Takeover

I am usually very comfortable with my body.  In fact, I hope that my blog conveys an air of confidence (and maybe a slight whiff of mischief) because I really am fairly confident in my body and my ability to dress it.  Usually.  But, today, today my body and I were not getting along.  No matter what I put on, I was not happy.  I ended up in this only because I was running out of time:



Did I mention that I wasn’t happy?  It could be my body – for some reason my thighs felt as though they’d finally been successful in their attempts to annex neighboring countries and were now bigger than ever.  But, it’s probably this dress (Halogen via Nordstrom) – I think it’s too short, too full and too breastacular for me.  In spite of it’s high neck and longer sleeves, I felt completely over-exposed and exceedingly plump.  It was not a good feeling. 

On the bright side, I do like these boots (Steve Madden via Piperlime) and this daisy cocktail ring makes me very happy:


And in truth, the boots and the ring aren't all I have to be happy about.  The fact of the matter is, there is nothing wrong with my body.  It's not my body and I that aren't getting along, it's my body and this dress.  It just doesn't work for me.  So, while I don’t think I’ll be keeping this dress, I’ll definitely be keeping my thighs.  Even with their fondness for hostile takeovers, they’re pretty great and I imagine we’ll be best friends again by tomorrow.

Today’s Takeaway?  It’s not you, it’s the clothes.

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Gracey