Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Goldenrod

Goldenrod is one of my favorite colors to wear for fall:



It’s richer and easier to wear than mustard (not that that stops me from wearing mustard) and looks good paired with fall neutrals like brown, gray and even black.  Today I paired this goldenrod blouse (Gap) with Real Straight jeans (Gap), a thrifted belt and thrifted loafers.  I probably should have added a bracelet or two but didn’t think of it until I got to work and rolled up my sleeves.

I know a lot of people don’t feel like they look good in yellow and bright yellow can be difficult to wear, but I think goldenrod is rich enough that it can be flattering to a lot of skin tones.  And while it looks good with a lot of neutrals, I think it’ll also look good with some non-neutrals.  For example, I’m planning on trying it with burgundy, with red-orange and with turquoise this fall.  And I suspect that it’ll work with all of them.

Today’s Takeaway?  Afraid of yellow?  Try goldenrod – it’s (probably) versatile and flattering.

Gracey