Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Trifecta: Thrifted Orange Polka Dots

Seriously, I’m not sure it gets any better than this thrifted orange polka dot blouse:


Well maybe pairing said blouse with the best high-waisted skirt a girl could ever hope to thrift:


What’s that?  There’s more?  Well, yes, yes, there is.  Not only am I wearing an orange (!) polka dot (!) blouse, but I’m also wearing a lovely persimmon orange (!) coat:


Basically, I loved everything about today’s outfit.  I love that I copied the idea from Ava’s assistant on the Up All Night episode from last night (borrowing ideas just makes getting dressed that much easier).  I love that the blouse is handmade, vintage and yes, thrifted.  It’s no secret that I love (love!) this skirt which is also vintage and also thrifted.  And I love this coat (it’s orange, y’all), which is non-vintage Caslon, but is also thrifted.  And my boots – you all know I love these boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).  I just added a camel cardigan (v. old, via Ross) and teal belt (Target) and had an outfit that both kept me comfortable and made me happy.

Does thrifting make you happy?  Check out (or even link up to) Spunky Chateau’s Thursdays are for Thrifters link party – where there is a whole lot more thrifting joy to be found.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey