Monday, October 3, 2011

Wins and Losses

I had full intentions this weekend to finish up a skirt I’m re-making and to skinny-fy some jeans.  Neither of these things happened this weekend.  Instead, I went thrifting (as one does) and played poker with the FB and some friends.  I lost at poker, but I totally won at thrifting where I found a silk Oscar de la Renta blouse for $2.00 and a ton of other items, including this skirt:



The skirt is vintage Jantzen, and it has a bit of a 70s feel to me, so I just went with it.  I paired it with a handmade (not by me, don’t get excited) gingham blouse (thrifted) layered under a short-sleeve cashmere sweater (Forte via Ideeli) and my riding boots (Born Crown “Sosie” via Nordstrom).  I have to say, short sleeve sweaters seem far less ridiculous to me in cashmere.

In addition to poker and some very winning thrifting, I also went to Zumba for the first time this weekend and it was…schizophrenic.  Seriously, between the pelvic thrusting, the cha cha steps and the arm movements, I felt like I was all over the place.  But, it was a good workout.  I was sufficiently sore the next day, but not so sore that I couldn’t wash my hair.  I think I’ll definitely try it again this Saturday if not before.

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Gracey